To commemorate the first ever Hillingdon Music Festival, we are running a Graphic Score Competition with the possibility of winning a £250 cash prize!
Try your hand at a Graphic Score and hear your work come to life!
Graphic Score Competition Entry Rules
- Competition is open to anyone with a local connection to the London Borough of Hillingdon. This includes students and alumni of Brunel University.
- There is no entry fee
- Score should be 1 page maximum (A3 is fine)
- Maximum duration is 10 minutes
- Submitted score should be in PDF format
- Entrants must bear in mind that the score will be performed by an ensemble of variable instrumentation (voice, keyboards, percussion with 2 or 3 additional instruments)
- Submit your completed scores to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline is Midnight (or 23:59:59) 8 February 2019
- Works will be judged in 3 stages: Christopher Fox, Emily Baines and Kate Lewis will make the first selection. The ensemble will make the second selection during the workshop on Friday. The winner will be selected by the audience after the concert on Saturday.
- Good luck!
To learn more about Graphic Scores and with links and tips on how to make one, check our ‘What is a Graphic Score’ page.